Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 07:41:48AM -0400, Paul wrote:

Credit card processing would be a good example. You could design *-based systems for both the client(merchant) and server(processor) functions but last I knew visa/mc would not certify open source solutions.

Note that you can use whatever license you want for an application that
connects to Asterisk via AGI or the manager interface, regardless of
whether or not visa/mc would accept free software.

My guess is that they would object to anything readable by humans. I would be writing c for things easily handled by shell scripts.

I find that amusing. I have a lot of experience with disassembly. I have even reverse-engineered machine language code that ran on custom processors which means you have to reverse-engineer the instruction set as part of the task.

Closed source might delay the cracker but it also delays pre-crack and post-crack countermeasures.