Eric Bishop wrote:
On a dual processor Xeon (EM64T) would you reccomend turning hypertreading
on or off? I tend go for it off dual processor machines just in case 2
processes end up on the one physical processor rather than 2 processes on 2
different physical processors. What do you think?

I have no opinion; it would require real-world testing to know for sure.

My instincts tell me that HT would be counter-productive when running lots of transcoding, though, since HT CPUs don't have two FPUs. Dual-core CPUs do, obviously, so that would be a different situation.