The original poster's statement about not even receiving any proof that he was certified is kind of amazing.  That's not a certification by any definition I know of.   I would push Digium on that because they really don't have a leg to stand on if that is true.  If they sold it as a certification then they owe you a certificate of some shape or form, and also something that say's what the certification covered.

I wouldn't be too upset about it either because it is probably an honest mistake, but I would be firm on demanding that you get what you paid for.