Use application ChanIsAvail with the s option. This option only exists in CVS-HEAD version, the 1.0.x versions don't have this option.

from documentation:

If the option 's' is specified (state), will consider channel unavailable
when the channel is in use at all, even if it can take another call.

This is a pretty popular question. IIRC SIP phones can't tell you their statuses, you need to send a call to them and determine whether or not they're Busy Now...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

 I need to detect availability of SIP phone before dialing. I need to
know if phone is BUSY, CHANUNAVAIL before dialing. If phone is "free", then I will dial
it.