>From the discussion thread, you will notice that the only real answer is to get a
>lawyers opinion. And even there the final answer is the judge. So hope for the best
>and be prepared for the worst.

It seems no one can agree on this. And even a lawyer would probably be confused. Why?
Because if your web interface depends solely on Asterisk to function and is not
generic enough you *COULD* be obligated to also GPL. However you still retain
copyright which means anyone else making changes to your code to sell must also
include the source code and so on.

I guess the only safe thing is to make something and open source it. But then you
would have to chase around guys who 'steal' your code.
Or make something that is not succesful enough for someone to sue you. Look at the SCO
example. They even had the galls to sue a company a zillion times bigger than them but
after Linux was succesful enough.