Olle E. Johansson wrote:
Sherwood McGowan wrote:

I've been poring over the sample configs for the latest CVS-HEAD as well
as the readmes from the source's docs directory. I'm finding a lot of
options that weren't previously available, and would like to know if
anyone's gone so far as to play with these various new settings and
document them?

Grateful for any help possible...

There's a great book published by O'Reilly called "Asterisk -the future
of telephony" that covers most of 1.2. It is also available free online
at http://www.asteriskdocs.org

/Olle

Bought it.  I have to say it's a wee touch on the thin side.

A lot of pages. Light on theory/principals of asterisk configuration.