On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, WipeOut wrote:

Whats the default SPEEX bitrate set to in Asterisk?

The default bitrate for speex (at this time determined by the speex lib because we don't explicitly set it) is 15k

I'm still looking for a good way to implement options for codecs so we can
modify these settings.

James

James -
It would seem that codecs should be specified in some contexts within the [iax, sip, etc.].conf files, or they should have a config file of their own where they are "named" such that other config files can simply refer to the name of the desired codec. This would involve a lot of work, but would make codecs fairly extensible to multiple channels.

Here's an ugly start at it. Not too much thought has been put into making this an exact example:

-- start of hypothetical file ; codec.conf ; [default] bitrate=default vad=off khzrate=default

[speex-15]
basecodec=speex
bitrate=15
vad=on
vbr=on
khzrate=8

[ilbc]
basecodec=ilbc.so

[g729] basecodec=g729 vad=off bitrate=default

[g711u]
basecodec=g711u
bitrate=default

JT