Not an answer to your questions, but just in case you don't know there is a lot of info on the wiki:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/AreskiCC+CallingCard+Application

We use Areskicc here, and it works great. However we do not use sip/iax friends, perhaps both of your problems lie there?

Best of luck,

Rikunj wrote:
Hello gurus,
After successful installation of Areski. I am having few problem before I can do any test dial-outs. When I try to create sip/iax friend from web interface it says
"Could not open buddy file '/etc/asterisk/additional_areskicc_sip.conf'
I tried creating the file manually without luck. Second I am unable to dial any phone nos after card verification. As soon as the card is verified with the remaining balance it straight forward tells invalid-digit,
without a prompt and hangs up.
What could be missing? Please help.

Regards, Rikunj