Dave Grey wrote:
I found this pretty interesting -- I didn't know that when you blocked CID with *67 or per-line blocking that it went anywhere at all. Apparently, IPKall (who I am using for DID) is doing this "unblocking." I tested a couple of different numbers (A cellphone on a network in Illinois and a POTS line on Verizon in PA) and IPKall sent me the number for both even though *67 was dialed. The cellphone, belonging to a friend, also has per-line blocking enabled.

Can anyone offer some more info on how of this works, or a pointer to some good documentation?
I worked for a company that uses Asterisk and did the same thing. All 'blocked' numbers actually showed the real CID :) I don't know if they do that anymore since I don't work there anymore and don't use the product.

This is just a feature of PRI service. Of course all of the call info is still available even if you 'block' it. The call still has to be traceable. Magic huh? I thought that was cool too the first time I found out about it.

Kevin