I'm trying to configure an Asterisk server to make inbound and outbound calls through a Zultys MX250 operating as a SIP media gateway.

This is my first experience with Asterisk, but from what I understand, I need to register the Asterisk system as a SIP device with the MX250. This is what I have in sip.conf under [general]:
register => asterisk:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Doing this results in repeated messages at the Asterisk console:
NOTICE[2795]: chan_sip.c:4790 sip_reg_timeout: -- Registration for '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' timed out, trying again

I'm confident that the request is reaching the Zultys system, because if I deliberately omit the password, I get: WARNING[2795]: chan_sip.c:8656 handle_response_register: Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for REGISTER for 'asterisk' to 'mx250.mycompany.com'

Does anyone have experience integrating Asterisk with a Zultys phone system that might be able to offer some tips?

Thanks!

    - .Dustin