On Oct 29, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Colin Anderson wrote:

[...] my users are still leery about VoIP and they will nit-pick about any little thing ("You mean I have to press OK after I dial? That's stupid" and my all-time favorite "I get confused when I have three incoming calls at one, I forget who's on each line - why can't the phone help me with that, I thought these phones were so great")

Straw poll: What's the stupidest complaint you've ever had to chase down?

IMO, neither of these examples are stupid, they are exactly the sort of thing that * and the whole concept of open telephony/ communications hardware and software are intended to address. A system that can be whatever the *users* want it to be is what this is all about, no?

lyd