So within the /var/lib/sounds/voicemail structure are the greeting files
recorded by the person at each extension (busy.wav, greet.wav). If I need to
get rid of the customized recording, it is trivial to simply delete both of
those files. At that point, if a call goes to voicemail, then Allison will
simply say "extension blahblah is not available, leave a message". That is
exactly what I want to have happen.

However, at some point after deleting busy.wav and greet.wav, asterisk will
magically (?) generate two new wav files, that are full of silence. What is
going on here, and how do I get the behavior I am looking for?

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Torrenga Engineering, Inc.
907 Ridge Road
Munster, Indiana 46321-1771

219.836.8918 Voice
219.836.1138 Facsimile
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Torrenga;Brent;August;Mr.
FN:Brent August Torrenga
ORG:Torrenga Engineering, Inc.
TITLE:Designer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(219) 836-8918
TEL;WORK;FAX:(219) 836-1138
ADR;WORK:;;907 Ridge Road;Munster;IN;46321-1771
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:907 Ridge Road=0D=0AMunster, IN 46321-1771
URL;WORK:http://www.torrenga.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20040209T215756Z
END:VCARD