I understand that I must pay for a support license to download Cisco firmware, so I’m not trying to pirate it. I simply want to know what I need to buy in order to get firmware files for my phones. Does anyone have any helpful links they can give? What does this license cost?

Specifially, I need SCCP images for the 7902 and 7940… Does anyone have any experience with setting this up and can either give me a hand or point me in the appropriate direction? Most of the entries on voip-info.org were pretty light on details, just postings of different config files. Also, if I’m just doing skinny (no need for SIP, and the 7902s don’t support it anyway) do I even need firmware files? It seems like I do, but I can’t even seem to get my phones to try to tftp in and download anything.

Also, for anyone who has used either of these phones, how well do they work with asterisk? The chan_sccp2 drivers say they “mostly work” but I want to know what doesn’t work to see if I care. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

--

Ryan Amos

System Administrator, FineTooth

http://www.finetooth.com/