I posted to the list with this issue a few weeks ago, but nothing really
came of it. Either I'm missing something obvious (for which I apologize in
advance) or this is a pretty serious issue between Asterisk and the SIP
devices connected to it.

I have 12 SIP phones at a particular site all connected to a local asterisk
server. It's in turn connected to 2 ISDN BRIs to provide up to 4 incoming
calls. At the moment, when an incoming call comes in, asterisk dials every
SIP phone like so:
Dial (SIP/1&SIP/2&etc.)

If 2 calls come in only a second or two apart, the first one will cause the
dial command to be executed, and when the second call comes in, it'll go to
voicemail because *all* the SIP phones report themselves as busy (because
they're ringing for the first call).

Is there any way around this problem whilst keeping the same incoming call
behaviour (i.e. call comes in, all phones ring)?

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,

Chris