JP Carballo wrote:
Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

JP Carballo wrote:

Nitesh Divecha wrote:

Hello All,

My Asterisk is configured like a Soft Switch, I have many incoming and outgoing traffic to different providers.

How can I forward CallerID to my providers. My providers are complaining big time as the CallerID is set to Zero...

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Neal

In your provider's outgoing context, add the following before calling out:

exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERNAME})

Why would he want to do that? It's pointless. It won't work. If the provider is not getting Caller*ID then no amount of the above lines will fix it.

You want to set the callerid using callerid=Robert Dobbs <666> in the sip.conf, zaptel.conf, iax.conf, or whereever the calling device is configured. You'll notice the lack of quotes. That's deliberate.

Ok, so? That's an 'If" alright. I'm not an oracle. He didn't give us any examples of what he wanted. I just grabbed the first thing I saw in my extensions.conf and pasted it. Granted, that wasn't very bright, but the answer he needs might not even be what we think. He did mention incoming and outgoing, so my example could be wholly wrong. But so could yours. He might not be able, (or might not want), to statically assign callerid. How do we know he doesn't actually need to do exten => _011.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=(${EXTEN}) ?

My point is that CALLERID(number) is ALWAYS the same as ${CALLERIDNUM} so setting one to the other is pointless. It's like setting 2=2. Same with the CallerIDName stuff.