Title: Codec negotiation (not the same old stuff)

I have a H.323 device, let's call it stupid, that supports all variants of G.729.  That should be
good, but no.  When it negotiates a call between Asterisk and a phone that supports all
varients of G.729, it gets it wrong.  Asterisk sends G.729A and the phone sends G.729,
at which point the device transcodes the call, but changes the packetization.

I'm looking for a way to get Asterisk to offer plain old G.729, so the device (stupid) can
just bridge the RTP.  My research shows this should not be required, since G.729 and
G.729A are compatible and don't need transcoding.

I'm trying to get an answer from the device manufacturer, but I do not have high hopes.

If it matters, I am using chan_ooh323 with Asterisk 1.2.0.

Thanks,
Dan