Hi, this morning I've switched our 'in-line' Asterisk system (between legacy PBX and PSTN) live after a few false starts with the PBX configuration.

I've been executing 'show channels' probably hundreds of times, and I wanted to see "show channel Zap/64-1" So I start with 'show cha' and pressed TAB. asterisk then segfaulted, but I was able to immediately reconnect to the console with -r.

A minute or two later, response from the console was very sluggish, and calls stopped were dropped from the PBX. I ctrl-c'd back to the console and found that every byte of 640M swap space was being used as well as all of the this 512MB RAM machine, and asterisk's entry in 'top' was:

32021 root      25   0 1112m 473m 7476 S  0.0 93.8   0:00.10 asterisk

I have not yet killed this process and I wondered how I could determine where the memory leak is occurring. It's 1.2.0 final, compiled and installed with 'make install' - I have not stripped any symbols, etc.

Any help would be greatly welcomed since I dearly want a stable and modern asterisk system! :)

Cheers,
Gavin.