Paul Hewlett wrote:

On Friday 25 November 2005 01:45, Alfie Viechweg wrote:
Can some on help me find the problem here please:
I'm using asterisk 1.2.0 with Grandstream GXP-2000

This is the debugging output from asterisk:

---
Nov 24 19:23:43 NOTICE[9700]: chan_sip.c:10815 handle_request_register:
Registration from '<sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>' failed for '10.0.3.21' -
Username/auth name mismatch
Scheduling destruction of call '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in 15000 ms
Destroying call '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

In the web set up page on the phone, did you make sure that the 'Auth ID' is set to 100 ?

Paul

It was an installation problem. I used INSTALL_PREFIX variable to place the sample files in a staging area and that added the staging area prefix to all the pathnames in asterisk.conf. Editing asterisk.conf fixed the problem.

The Makefile has two (2) staging area variables DESTDIR and INSTALL_PREFIX but is not too clear about the uses and result of them. I used the wrong one I guess.

Thanks anyway.

      -Alfie