Tried that,

Doesn't seem to do anything...

-N

On Dec 7, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Time Bandit wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to setup "live" recording of a phone call.
I've read all the docs at the wiki, but can't seem to figure out how
to implement it.

I'm running asterisk 1.2
I have the Polycom IP500 SIP phones.

In a perfect world, I would dial something to start recording, and
then press another key to stop.
Just look at the Dial command and the parameter W or w
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial

extracted from that page :
- w: Allow the called user to start recording after pressing *1 or
what defined in features.conf (Asterisk > v1.0.x)
- W: Allow the calling user to start recording after pressing *1 or
what defined in features.conf (Asterisk > v1.0.x)

hth