Rich,

It's kind of tough to truly understand what you are trying to accomplish

Ack, sorry!  It's hard to post to the list on a saturday when my 2year old is wanting to play with the keyboard as well.  Best I can do is half a mind, most of the time that's enough.

Not always, however.  :)

(or ask for). Apparently you've got something more in mind that words are making it through the list. Reading between the lines, it would appear from the 800-in that calls are coming in from some external source, and you trying to do something with them. Can you be a little more explicit

I have an 800 number from teliax.  When my "local" users dial it, they will dial 1866... instead of the 866 I have in my dial plan.  I do not want the call to use one of my external sources to terminate the call ( in essence, dialing out via voicepulse, and recieving the call via teliax ).  I know I can do two seperate exten patterns, but I was hoping for a single pattern.  To that end, I was wondering if there was a way of saying "Match this 0 or 1 times", something I'm used to in perl and the like.

If there isn't, there isn't.  Won't kill me to add the second exten match.

Sean

Rich Adamson wrote:
Or, just do...
exten => 18661234567,1,Goto(800-in)
exten => 8661234567,1,Goto(800-in)

It's kind of tough to truly understand what you are trying to accomplish
(or ask for). Apparently you've got something more in mind that words are making it through the list. Reading between the lines, it would appear from the 800-in that calls are coming in from some external source, and you trying to do something with them. Can you be a little more explicit.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info, but what I'm after is the ability to match a digit/character 0 or 1 times at the beginning of the string.  If I'm reading your example right, it'll match anything starting with 866, which doesn't work for me.  I am trying to match:

18661234567 and 8661234567

Sean

ps:  The pdf doesn't have a good explaination of this either, although it occurs to me that this might not be possible with * if I'm having such a hard time finding it.
Daniel Wright wrote:

Sean Kennedy wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time finding information related to the regular expressions that can be used in a dialplan, specifically as an extension.  For example, I have an 800 number which I'd like to jump directly to if my users dial it, instead of going over my pstn termination.  Currently, it looks like this:

exten => 8661234567,1,Goto(800-in)

However, I'd like 1866123456 to match as well.  I can't find in the wiki or sample configs how to say "match this 0 or 1 times".
Can anybody provide a link that would go over this?  Again, I've been digging through the wiki, but I seem to be missing it.

Thanks

Sean

You could do it like this:

exten => _866.,1,GoTo(800-in)

The period means match one or more characters.

You can find reference to expressions and how they work  in this pdf book http://www.nufone.net/downloads/asteriskdocs/AsteriskTFOT.zip