For my asterisk installation in my lab, I will install the Linux ES v4 distribution (with kernel 2.6) onto a Dell Power Edge 1650 with ~16GB of Raid-1 hard disk space.

Before installing Linux, what should I set the following disk partitions to?:
(root)/
/boot
swap
/usr
/home
/tmp
/var

The Dell boot up disk (i.e. the Dell OpenManage disk, Configure Hard Drive section), shows this as the default:
(root)/       1024MB
/boot         100MB
swap         2048MB
/usr           5726MB
/home       3547MB
/tmp          512MB
/var           512MB

Do you think I should do something like this?
(root)/       512MB
/boot         100MB
swap         2048MB
/usr           10000MB