I'm not a VLAN expert either, but there's one switch that ties the private vlans into the public vlan, so all you have to do is add a route from your box to the vlan over that switch, effectively hopping you onto the vlan. Not really sure the details on it, but that's basically the gist of what I understand it (I'm just the voip guy, not the network expert ;). So we've effectively got the phones and servers isolated into their own vlan.

Aaron