Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
Does _Digium_ have any sort of QA process? The hardware makers? I thought Asterisk was open source ;)

Douglas Garstang wrote:

Confirmed.
If I place a file called 0.gsm in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds it plays the file. Why the HELL when I have 'announce = inside-sales' in queues.conf, is Asterisk trying to play a file called 0.gsm??? My god... Does digium have any sort of QA process for Asterisk??? Doug.

Doug thinks that Asterisk is a commercial product, and every couple of days he posts a message to the list here lambasting Digium for this or that fault in their product.

I've sent him private emails explaining this, but he hasn't ever acknowledged them.

B.