Use one of the clone X100 cards, available on eBay for 10 bucks or so
Not all PCI Voice modems work
Only ones with a certain chipset

John Novack

Matt Murphy wrote:

Hi all, I'm a freshfaced asterisk n00b, and I've got a dumb question. (tm) I'm experimenting with an asterisk at home install on a spare machine here. It has a PCI modem installed in it. Zapatel seems to have recognized this and configured trunk ZAP/g0. It does not, however, seem to work. I'm wondering if this is supposed to work, or if non-digium modems just won't work? I'd really like to play around with this for a bit before I have to justify even $150 to my boss, who hopefully won't know about this until it's a nearly-functional replacement for our current PBX, which I'm getting fed up with. =] So, if it will work with a regular modem, that'd be great. Thanks, Matt