I think most all of the phones have a hack to get it working. Aastra
analog ADSI phones even work as I read some where...
Not the phones, but Asterisk needs to have a 'hack' to get this working. So, there must somethere i * code be a list of phones that has been implemented.

PABX phones usually solved this because the PABX and phone vendor where the same. An analogue phone can be supported if it allows a broadcast to the speaker, which require that it has some intelligence to know that it needs to open the voice stream to the speaker even if the called has not picked up the phone. (The PABX can obviously intercept the voice stream and broadcast a message, but this is not really paging) H.323, SIP and many others have the same problem but the 'hack' is in these cases are a separate RTP stream to the speaker, without any call control, if this is allowerd (a majority of VoIP phones will allow 3 independant rtp streams) as ca 70% of the marked is Broadcom chips these days.

I would expect that any phone which has this capability and that are commonly used would be supported in Asterisk?

Jan