Simone Cittadini wrote:

Mike Fedyk ha scritto:

Hiu Yen Onn wrote:

How big of RAM for Asterisk server? My production environment will be about 400 users in the office.

In one server?  4GB.  And more if you can.

I'd suggest you use several servers for 400 users unless the percentage of active phones is ~10%.

Mike

(with no agi and transcoding) 80 alaw concurrent calls , cdr_mysql, terminating on one TE410
Mem:   3105772k total,   733928k used,  2371844k free,    66668k buffers
Cpu(s):   5.0% user,   5.5% system,   0.0% nice,  89.5% idle
load average: 0.37, 0.39, 0.41

So that is ~80 calls per GB of ram which is 20% of 400 users so that should be 5 or 6GB to handle 100% usage.

The load avg is the most important here. You want to keep it under 1.00 or you have processes waiting which increases jitter. Your system will be at 80% usage with 160 calls, assuming linear scaling.

What are the specs for processor, memory and chipset that you pulled this stat from?