I'm attempting to use an asterisk box with a Digium TDM01B as voicemail for an existing Meridian/Norstar PBX with an ATA-2 adapter. We're having problems where hangup is not always (but sometimes) detected. It's not detected probably 70% of the time or more. (The users transfer callers to an extension--caller then has to navigate a menu to get to the appropriate user).

After doing some searching the ATA-2 is not capable of providing disconnect supervision. Since this is a temporary situation (we're doing some testing before switching completely to an Asterisk based system), is there something I can try to improve the percentage of calls that are disconnected?

I would use silence detection in voicemail.conf but wanted to know if there was some other method.

Thanks,

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman