On 1/17/06, C F <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks again for the responses.
>
> On 1/17/06, Matt Florell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am in agreement with you about AMD, we don't use it because we were
> > loosing calls on our old predictive dialer because it took 1-3 seconds
> > longer to connect a customer to an agent, removing AMD takes away this
> > delay and you do not loose those customers. Also, it takes a great
> > deal of CPU time to process AMD across a lot of lines, and raising
> > machine load on purpose is something I try to avoid. I am planning on
> > testing a couple of AMD methods that could be easily added on to
> > VICIDIAL for a future release, possibly using app_amd and
> > AnsweringMachineDetect.
>
> Isn't it an FCC/FTC requirement to answer at least %97 of calls to
> humans within 2 seconds? If so how can one use an AMD that takes 1-3
> seconds?

Good point, most dialers do not fully comply with the 2second rule
although I have heard the 2 second rule interpreted to be 2 seconds
after the first hello, in which there is enough time to complete the
AMD. Another point to mention, not a single company has been fined in
the USA for breaking the 2 second rule. The only fines(and they are
big ones) have been issues for Do-Not-Call list violations.

MATT---