[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm creating the 1.call file in another directory (/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/tmp1), then moving it to the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory. I have another putty session running on asterisk and logged into the asterisk console, but see no activity after the file is copied in the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory.

You can't *copy* the file into the outgoing directory.  You must *mv* it.

Otherwise Asterisk is quite likely to try to process your call file whilst it is only half created in the directory.

Steve

Remember that Linux and most other Unix variants will treat a move as a copy if the file's source and destination are on different filesystems.

For example:

/var is /dev/sda1
/tmp is /dev/sda2

If you mv a file from /tmp to /var will result in a cp, not a move. I use something like /var/spool/asterisk/temp, that way there's never any concern...

-Steve