Trevor G. Hammonds wrote:

How about when you have four or five SIP devices at a single location?  Do
you manually assign each phone a separate port and add firewall/router
rules?  I am looking for an inexpensive device or method that will allow
this happen automatically.  Rather than going that route, my current
solution is to put an Asterisk server at the client's location to handle the
SIP clients and do an outbound trunked IAX connection back to the main
server.
Use an outbound proxy either a stanadlone appliance like ix-66 or you can build one using Siproxd running on your Linux gateway.
http://siproxd.sourceforge.net/

There's a WIP port of siproxd to OpenWRT so you can run it on a Linksys WRT54G.