From: Matt Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] No 'ringing' sound to outside callers
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:30:42 -0400

Most of the time, when someone calls in from the outside on a POTS line, and possibly over IAX as well, they don't hear any ringing sound while the internal SIP phones ring. If you call from an inside SIP phone, even forcing it into the incoming context, you hear the ringing.

The outside calls can answer and talk fine; just no ring indication. Is there a setting that controls this? Thanks.