Hmm - I'd do as others have suggested and move the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules directory to another, and do a make clean;make;make install

If you have app_rxfax.so installed then you must have customised your original makefile, and not the 1.2.3 makefile, which would suggest that these modules are from a previous asterisk version.

Let us know how you get on.

Julian.