Garth van Sittert wrote:

Hi All

I am having a problem setting the outbound callerid number on a PRI E1 in South Africa. The outbound number keeps on appearing as the main PRI number. How does it work between Asterisk and the Telko? More importantly how do I get it working?

Kind Regards
Garth

Telcos usually arrange outgoing CLI in one of 3 ways:

- a free for all - you can put what you like as your CLI, and no checks are made

- a rigid arrangement - no matter what you give as the CLI, the telco will replace it with a fixed value before passing the message on

- a constrained arrangement - if you give a CLI within the range that is valid for you, it will be passed on. If you give something which is not allocated to you, the telco wil replace it with a fixed value.

Sounds like you do not have the first arrangement. You might have the third, though. It could be you just aren't specifying your number correctly - either the digits themselves or the TON/NPI pair might not be right.

Steve