Thanks for the answer. Is this PSTN gateway is something for a VoIP company to setup in order to connect their VoIP calls to the Telco's PSTN then to the end phone? I don't think Australia treat this as illegal. But I m not sure how much the Telco will charge from IP PAX (or PSTN) gateway to end phone. Assuming that there are 1000 VoIP calls thru Telco's PSTN to end phones, how will these calls get calculated? is the charge will be per-call basis?

Sam, I am still unsure to understand your question :-/

How much your telco is going to charge you for the PSTN calls depends on your arrangement with the telco... Usually, with proper volume interconnects (say you order a PRI line), these calls are charged per second.

As your volume increases you will usually be in a position to negociate better rates.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom