On Feb 8, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Greg Camp wrote:

Now, our latest two issues:

1) When a user on the Nortel makes a call to a user on * a 10-digit
callerid value shows up on the SIP phone instead of the users extension.
Has anyone encountered this and found a work-around?  It's been
suggested that we use a QSIG interface instead of 5ESS emulation, but
did not purchased the Nortel QSIG option so it is unavailable.

We implemented a macro that stripped the leading 6 digits from the numbers, like this:

; If it looks like one of ours, only show the last 4 digits
exten => s,40,GotoIf($["${CALLERIDNUM:0:8}" = "60498131"]?50:)
exten => s,50,SetCallerID,"${CALLERIDNAME} <${CALLERIDNUM:-4}>"

2) We would like to use Comedian Mail for company wide voicemail.  I can
setup user extensions easily enough.  I have also setup two 4-digit
extensions; one for picking up voicemail and one for leaving voicemail
for an arbitrary user.  The second ext is used primarily by the
receptionist (coming from the Nortel PBX) to redirect callers to users
voicemails.  The issue I'm having is that if you don't pass an extension
to the Voicemail() function * will prompt you one time.  If you key the
ext incorrectly the system hangs up on you.  Is there a way to prompt
the caller for the extension to leave a message for, accept the ext,
check the database, and give the caller another chance if the ext is
invalid?

AFAIK, Voicemail() will jump to n+101 if the requested mailbox doesn't exist - you can use that to return to the prompt asking for the mailbox number.

Thanks,
Greg