On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Steve Underwood wrote:
I don't know about the Tellabs cancellers in particular, but I think any echo canceller built in the 80s will be a fairly poor performer. Many improvements in EC occurred in the early 90s, in response to the problems of earlier cancellers. Also, most older cancellers only cancel fairly short echo tails, as the compute needed for longer cancellation was expensive.

On the other hand, they may be adequate for your needs, and are cheap.

the tellabs you find on ebay were not built in the 80s. they have 64ms and 128ms echo tails.

-Dan