On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Lee Archer wrote:
Worth saying that the Aastra 9133i with the 1.3.1 firmware is a pretty
good phone.  I used to run GXP-2000's, still have 10 new in a box and
another 20 in demo/test circulation, but I also run a few dozen 9133i,
480i and 9112i phones and I think Aastra are getting their now.  Biggest
problem I had with GXP are the usual power flakyness, which you can't
really do much about but apart from that no real problems.  Now the GXP
firmware is getting there might offer them as a cheaper phone to the
9133i.

I think if grandstream spent a bit more on quality construction and parts they could have an awesome phone. Similar to the difference between the sipura 841 and the linksys 941.

I would still like to know what they were smoking when they put two
_10 meg_ ethernet ports on the linksys 942.

-Dan