Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:45:01 -0500
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
From: Alexander Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Asterisk on Solaris 10 (AMD Opteron, Sun Fire X2100)

Hello, world!

I'm considering running Asterisk 1.2.4 on Solaris 10 on a Sun Fire X2100 server or two (Opteron CPU, nForce 4 chipset), and apparently this works. I've read that the Zaptel package won't work on anything other than Linux, since it's intended to hook into the Linux kernel in the form of a kernel module. This concerns me, since I've read that ztdummy, the timing-source component of Zaptel, is required for the music-on-hold and conferencing functions of Asterisk to function.

So, with this in mind, is there any way to run a complete Asterisk solution on Solaris 10 (including music-on-hold and conferencing)? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!