Dinesh Nair wrote:

On 02/17/06 08:51 BJ Weschke said the following:
On 2/15/06, Kevin Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using an Asterisk box as a mini-softswitch and have run into a
minor (hopefully) road block.  The far end switch requires CIC (Carrier
Identification Code) in the SIP invite like:

INVITE sip:+18001234567;[EMAIL PROTECTED];user=phone SIP/2.0

Is there a way to configure Asterisk to send this in the SIP invite?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

 Not w/o a code change, but if you're game to do that, you certainly
could do it.

just curious, but is the cic tag added to the INVITE method a valid recommendation under the SIP RFCs ?

I think there are some carrier grade extensions to the protocol, but not sure if they are in any RFC's. For instance, Nortel's CS2000 Switch uses the cic to interface with translation tables.

Cheers,
Kevin