Rich Adamson wrote:
I want to sniff all these info to test a sip ip phone talking to a asterisk
server. I have used tcpdump, but It just shows the

Ethereal would probably be a batter analyzer. Not sure how well it
seppurts sip, though. Unlike tcpdump it won't work on-the-fly. But you
can also get tcpdump to dump raw data and analyze it off-line with
ethereal.

Ethereal does a pretty good job at decoding both sip and iax packets.
I use it a lot (on a separate laptop).

Try Cane and Abel. It automaticly grabs sip registration info and categories it for you. Records the calls to sound files, too.

http://www.oxid.it/cain.html

Very easy to use. Can even try to crack the password hashes if you want. (If you can wait a few years ;')

You can also turn on sip debugging from the CLI which will dump out the headers for you.

Phil