Joao Pereira wrote:
Hello to all
I would like to know If some of you have already configured an Cisco IP Phone (7940 or 7960) to work in a different VLAN than the PC that is connected through the phone switch? I know that this can be done with the Skinny firmware, but I dont if it works with the SIP firmware.

The Cisco technical staff told me that these phones dont support 802.1x but can work as pass-through. This way I can still use the PCs with 802.1x and the phones in the same Ethernet plug.

Did someone made it with the Cisco IP phones? What configuration do I need in the phones and in the switch?
Thanks
Joao Pereira

If configuring with Cisco switches, I'm pretty sure they pull the information for which VLAN to operate in from the switch. You have to configure the switchports on the Cisco switch like so:

interface fastethernet 0/1
  switchport trunk native vlan <your data vlan>
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport voice vlan <your voice vlan>
  spanning-tree portfast trunk

etc.