3.  The patch cable is a 50-foot CAT5.
3. To beat a dead horse, the Polycom 501 itself, is NOT a POE phone, IMHO. Caveat emptor.

bill

On Mar 6, 2006, at 1:32 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Totally correct - according to me at least.

PaulH

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 power over ethernet

On Mon, March 6, 2006 4:19 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have installed several hundred polycom's, and I have never seen a
500/501
with a power jack. All with the inline cable, as you mention.

Of course, if someone can provide photo evidence I will stand corrected.

I think the confusion here is the different *ways* the 300/500/600 do PoE:

301 has a power brick, just like (say) a Grandstream.
501 has _almost_ PoE: the cable is (as noted above) in-line, but this
might confuse someone differentiating with the 301.
601 has "true" PoE, where you've got your PoE switch, a stock Ethernet cable, and the phone -- nothing else, and no special cabling required.

-Ken (purveyor of fine differentiations)

PaulH