On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:14 PM, Tom Vile wrote:

The firmware made thing much worse for me.  Call waiting does not
work, I cant disable the local feature codes and DTMF transmission is
horrible as well.  It has not locked up on me yet though because I
through it in the trash and plugged in my Sipura.

LOL,

I put mine(HT-488) in the ebay pile...

It didn't help my echo issue which was only exhibited from inbound cell phone calls.

It didn't fix the first ring issue with the FXO. (ie they only way to have the FXO forward to asterisk is to have ring an extension after the first ring, unfortunately it insists on ringing the FXS, which means if you pick up too soon, the FXO hasn't picked up yet, and the call goes to voicemail).

It didn't fix the basic poor audio quality.

No more patience for that shite. I might still use the FXS only... I was thinking of setting up a public phone on the post of my mailbox. One with a context that only allows for 7 digit local calls.

Marty