On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:41:00 -0500, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to initialize my freshly downloaded & installed updates to
the kernel & kernel source, without rebooting? I pretty much use either
SuSe or CentOS (therefor either YaST or yum), and, of course, after
having updated, zaptel wont make since it doesn't see the 'source'
properly in the /usr/src/.
Thanks very much.

Comrade,

:: puts on capitalism stomping industrial boots ::

IMHO, it is a bad idea to update the kernel of a production machine unless there is a compelling reason to do so. The problem you are having right now is one of many reasons why I feel this way.

I believe you can do this by editing your yum config and throwing in:

exclude=kernel-*

--
          Justin Tunney