On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 08:20:27PM -0700, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> From the voip wiki at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+regcontext:
>
> "If regcontext is specified, Asterisk will dynamically create and destroy a
> NoOp priority 1 extension for a given peer who registers or unregisters with
> us"
Pretend we have peer 123456, then put

exten => 123456,2,Dial(SIP/123456)

in your extensions.conf
When phone 123456 becomes available and registers
to the Asterisk, the dialplan will look like:

exten => 123456,1,NoOp
exten => 123456,2,Dial(SIP/123456)

and as you know the dialplan always begin on
priority 1 so if the phone is not registered you
don't automatically move to priority 2.

What I'm curious to know is whether there is a way
to use this with SIP RealTime... there doesn't
seem to exist a setting for both regexten and
regcontext. Any pointers?

   Kristian.

> What does this mean exactly? How is it used? I've read the same piece of
> information dozens of times over the last few months and it makes as much
> sense to me today, as it did back then, which is about zero.
>
> Wow... IAX can be used to share registration info? I've never seen that
> mentioned anywhere. After reading the patchy docs on DUNDi, I kind of got the
> impression that it _might_ be able to do that sort of thing, but the docs
> where so bad they where useless. And while we're on the discussion topic, why
> doesn't Digium release some docs on DUNDi? It's their baby after all. It
> seems to be that almost no one uses it, simply because there's no docs that
> explain how to do it.
>
> Alternatively, if you don't have time, can you point me to anywhere where
> instructions on how to use regcontent is succinctly and clearly documented
> and explained?
>
> Doug.

Kristian Larsson, Net At Once AB
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]