Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

<quote who="Steve Sobol">

Ok. And the guy who started Cleveland's first ISP (former friend of
mine) used to have two dozen phone lines running into his basement.

What exactly is your point?

How many hobbyists/hackers/etc. would have any NEED to have T-1 hardware
in their house?

I would. My full T1 to the internet is being installed in two weeks.

Well, there are those of us who can't afford leased-lines, which I would
argue is probably the majority of the people here (leased-lines to their
houses, anyhow). I'd love to have a more reliable connection than cable,
but cable is what's available. I'm five miles from my CO and a T would be cost-prohibitive.

-- JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Services 22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950 Steve Sobol, Proprietor 888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * [EMAIL PROTECTED]