Hi Mark,

Do you have the right cable?

You need a cross-over T1 cable and NOT a cross-over ethernet cable that people commonly try. This should satify the electrical requirements and turn the lights green.

Yes, i build up my own cable with the schemas available on Net, but it was not working, so , i build it again and now i have green light ! I built bad before.

You're on your own with the rest.

Then i setup zaptel.conf / ztcfg -vvv , then zapata.conf and ...
Finally, i have no problems with clock / signalling, im receiving calls on my context then i can do what i want ... I have only tried 2 channels but seems to work perfectly. Only one spetial thing that looks strange: as soon as i put a call on the avaya from the local extensions, the Avaya makes a call to extension '' on Asterisk, then inmediately after, dials the right number, so in my context i have waitExten( then i can process well the number. May be is not the good way but its working ...

I do have a question however; why are you now speaking SIP to the IP Office? Did you not buy that extra server?

Im really newbie on PBX and also, im not the maintainer of the Avaya, they have an empy PRI port , so we link with Asterisk by E1/PRI ... I dont know if they have the license/modules necesarry for talking by SIP with Asterisk

Bye,

--
zgor