I have two simple questions regarding compiling Zaptel based on the
confusing (to a kernel newbie) instructions at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Zaptel+Installation.

The instructions say:
For a Linux 2.6 kernel you may need to:
modify the EXTRAVERSION statement in Makefile so it matches what you see in: cat /proc/version (see clarification in comments below)
   make modules_prepare
and
   ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.9-5.0.3.EL /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
(replacing linux-2.6.9-5.0.3.EL with the appropiate value for your system)

1, My EXTRAVERSION statement in Makefile is blank but the 3 lines above contain the correct and current kernel:
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 13

Am I to simply write in the next line as:
EXTRAVERSION = 2.6.13 ??

2,  The instructions say to make a soft link in the form of
    2.6.13-5.0.3.EL
    I do not understand the -5.0.3.EL part.
    What should I put in where it says -5.0.13.EL ??  What is it about?

Larry
--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Slackware Linux