Well, this is a major pain in the ass.

I got realtime static working for sip.conf. 'Great!' I thought. That was until
I realised I couldn't use it.

Our Asterisk systems are using OSPF and listen on interface lo:1. Asterisk
doesn't like to use an interface name for it's bindaddr setting, so you have to
put the IP address of lo:1 in there. If you put in 0.0.0.0, it seems to listen
on the first interface it finds, probably eth0. You can't do that with OSPF
because it's load balancing and traffic can come over eth1 instead.

If you point all your Asterisk systems to a single table for sip.conf, what do
you put in the binaddr setting? You can't use the systems IP address at lo:1,
because they're all different, and you can't use 0.0.0.0 or lo:1. The only
solution is to have one sip.conf table for every Asterisk system... 5 in our
case.

Anyway, so I went back to a plain text file for sip.conf. What a dissapointment.

Doug.