hi,
if interested please consider the TigerNetcom box of 104 for doing the same functionality, much better piece and at considerable lower price.

for technical information on how to use it i would be happy to assist off list.

On 3/20/06, Martin Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 19, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Oliver Vermeulen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anybody knows how to terminated calls using Grandstream Ht488 and the
> FXO port ?
> I can ring the FXO port fine , rings 1once then give me dial tone.

I had:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/@2003,60,D(w$EXTEN}))
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Hangup

Where 2003 was the extension of the FXO on the HT-488.  This worked ok
for dialing 7 digit calls to the FXO, but also had a weird double (one
after the other) ringback?

Also use dtmfmode=RFC2833 in the extension and set the HT-488 the same.

I had to give up on that device due to poor audio quality and echo
issues .  Also intermittent hanging made this device unacceptable for
me.

Let us know if it works for you?  Also which firmware and asterisk
version are you using?

Marty